Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Verbs

My oldest daughter loves to play MadLibs with us, her friends, herself.  Its been a great refresher in my language arts skills (when will I ever remember what an adverb is!) and a great way to pass time as a family.  Lately, in most things that I read, I'm hearing the call for more action verbs - Love, Serve, Dare, Embrace, Honor, Do (is that a verb?!) and you know what - I love it.  For so long the messages I've been drawn to have cried for me to slow down, rest, simplify, focus inward & on my home, etc.  These are messages that I devoured and tried again and again to embrace and become but that isn't me.  Or not me entirely.  Yes, I love a well organized home but I'm not energized by getting it there or keeping it there.  I do it so that I can be better at being out there.  Slowing down and focusing inward has made me lonely, isolated and unsure that I'm worthy of being with others.  I'm energized at the idea of getting out there, in the world, making a difference.  Oh how I love Brene Brown, Bob Goff and Shauna Neiquest for encouraging us to get out there and be a part of the world - to dare, to do and to invite.      

No comments:

Post a Comment